05 Apr Celebrate Their First Communion With Style
As religious milestones go, the First Communion has great importance as the earliest ceremony your child will remember. Naturally, the whole family will be part of the celebration, but how do you make it memorable, appropriate and fun for everyone?
1. Consider the timing. First Communions are typically held between March and May, and weekends can fill up quickly with Spring break plans, other communions, and even graduations. Send invitations as early as possible to avoid scheduling conflicts. Remember that invitations should be keepsakes, so keep things elegant and tasteful. View our entire collection of personalized First Communion Invitations for a special touch.
2. Keep in mind the solemnity of the occasion. Decorate with candles instead of lots of balloons or streamers. Fewer colors are a good idea – whites and off-whites work best for First Communion parties.
3. Take advantage of the Spring season to plan a cookout. BBQ is great and appropriate for the occasion. Get some of your child’s favorite foods. Have lots of appetizers on hand if the party is right after church services, so there’s no delay in eating while the BBQ gets going.
4. For special treats, think of cookies with frosting in the shape of a cross, with your child’s name written with icing. We also offer personalized candy bar wrappers, to wrap around their favorite candy bar.
5. Special First Communion gifts that will be cherished for many years to come include a Personalized Children’s Bible, a Communion Blessings Personalized Photo Frame, or a special Holy Day Keepsake Box.