08 Aug Dorm Life 101: 5 Things All College Students Need
As college students move into their freshman year dorm room, many face the same dilemma: trying to cram all their stuff in their parents’ cars! Most bring way too much stuff! But there are a few necessities that should not be overlooked.
Here are 5 things all college students should take with them.
1. A telephone. These days, most college students skip the land line and just use a cell phone. This can also function as their alarm clock, calendar, and planner too. Shop around for the cheapest plan or be nice to your parents, so they’ll keep you on theirs.
2. A computer. Most students opt for a laptop, since it’s easy to transport and doesn’t take up much space. And don’t forget a back-up system – either a Zip drive, memory stick, CD/DVD writer or even a plain old floppy drive.
3. A shower caddy – to carry your stuff to the shower. You no longer have the luxury of stock-piling your shower gels and shampoo on the bathtub ledge. We offer a trendy personalized shower caddy for girls, with matching bath towel. And don’t forget a nice pair of personalized flip-flops – you don’t want to be barefoot in that dorm room shower!
4. Cleaning supplies, for your clothes, as well as your room. Laundry detergent,a roll of quarters, and a laundry bag, as well as a small broom, dustpan, dust rags and Windex should work.
5. Memories from home! Chances are that your new room isn’t the fanciest. Most dorms tend to have an institutional feel. Create a cozy feel with our personalized photo products. Our new photo wall calendar lets you keep track of your days with friendly faces.
These also make great gifts for your freshmen after they’ve been away for a while. Their mailbox can be a very lonely place, so a surprise package from home is sure to be welcomed!
Happy Moving Day!