Make Mom’s day memorable with thoughtful last-minute Mother’s Day gifts and ideas that will make you look like you’ve spent weeks planning them.
Mother’s Day is almost here. Did you find a way to make it special for your mom? If you’re just now searching for the perfect Mother’s Day gift, don’t panic — you can still make it thoughtful and meaningful, no matter what your budget. Our exhaustive list includes unique gifts, fun outings, loving gestures, and more ways to show your mom or grandma your love and appreciation — it even features ideas for do-it-yourself, handmade, and zero-cost Mother’s Day gifts!
Browse these last-minute ideas and choose ones you think will resonate with your mother, taking into account her personal style, her unique personality, or simply things you know she’ll enjoy. And remember, when it comes to the best last-minute Mother’s Day gifts, it’s the thought that counts, not how much you spend on them.
Best last-minute Mother’s Day gifts
What do moms want most on Mother’s Day? For many tired, overworked moms, the best Mother’s Day gift is some well-deserved “me time,” which makes this the perfect last-minute gift for Mom. Just make sure she doesn’t have to come back home and play catch-up! Give her time by doing the things she normally does around the house.
- Mommy time — guilt-free time for her to do whatever she wants
- Quality family time planned around something she already enjoys
- Personalized mom jewelry with her kids’ names, initials, or birthstones
- A subscription you know she’ll enjoy
- A spa day for her to refresh and rejuvenate
- Mother’s Day brunch with family (or other moms)
- Something from her wish list
Mother’s Day gifts with no money
If you are asking yourself “What can I do for Mother’s Day with no money?” consider these zero-cost ideas to surprise Mom or Grandma on her special day. Remember, the best gift you can give Mom is your time and affection. Doing something thoughtful for her can be just as nice as an expensive store-bought gift, and it can be more memorable and special, too!
- Mom’s day off — no household work, no errands, no responsibilities
- “Mommy & Me” photo session
- Cook, bake, or prepare her favorite meal, treat, or snack
- Movie night with the family — Mom’s choice of movie, of course!
- Wash and detail her car, clean the fridge, or do something else she’ll appreciate
- Help her complete a project she’s been meaning to finish
Mother’s Day gifts under $20
While $20 doesn’t seem like a lot of money, there are lots of ways you can turn that into a memorable Mother’s Day for any mom. Think outside the box and look for unique ways to surprise her with small gifts that will make a big impact.
Mother’s Day gifts under $50
With a $50 budget, you can easily create a beautiful Mother’s Day gift that will last a lifetime. Look for sentimental keepsake gifts that will become her treasures, or customize items she’ll love to use or display. Add a personal touch, such as her name or monogram, a poem or message, her kids’ names, and more, to make her gift truly one of a kind.
Mother’s Day gifts under $100
With a $100 budget, your options are wide open to surprise Mom with a great last-minute Mother’s Day gift. Create a lasting impression on Mom with a custom photo canvas print, a stunning crystal vase, a luxury spa robe, and other mom favorites. Pour your heart out into a loving letter to Mom you can put right on a throw blanket, or put her favorite family photos on a family tree photo canvas print she’ll treasure for years.
- Letter to Mom personalized throw blanket
- Embroidered luxury fleece bath robe
- Family tree photo collage canvas print
- Custom etched crystal vase with message for Mom
- Leather engraved jewelry, watch, and accessory box
- Recipe for a special Mom engraved wood cutting board
- Floral Love for Mom cozy sherpa cuddle wrap
DIY and homemade Mother’s Day gifts
For those who love making things, creating your own gift for Mom is a great last-minute option — just make sure you have enough time to complete your homemade gift! Get the kids involved in making the gift to give it more meaning. Petal Talk has some great ideas for Mother’s Day crafts for kids, and here are a few more of our favorites.