Going with a boring gift card might seem like the best option when you’re running out of time, but these thoughtful and unique last minute Christmas gifts might change your mind.
We get it. Last minute Christmas shopping can be super stressful. With so much to do and so many places to be during the busy holiday season it can be difficult to find time for everything. The days are shorter, the weather is crap, and your holiday to-do list seems to be neverending.
Between holiday decorating, cooking, baking, cleaning, visiting friends and family, hosting and attending parties, work or school functions, it can all get overwhelming. On top of this, you have to remember to get a meaningful gift for everyone in your life, including family, friends, coworkers, bosses, important clients, neighbors, teachers, coaches, and the list goes on and on.
If you’re feeling the pressure, you’re not alone.
We tend to forget the hustle and stress of the holidays too easily, remembering only the good vibes from previous years. This inevitably leaves many of us woefully unprepared for it all year after year. We become victims to the phenomenon called the planning fallacy, where we repeatedly underestimate how much time and effort will be needed to complete certain tasks, like buying gifts for everyone on your list.
101 Last Minute Christmas Gift Ideas
If you’re finding yourself still trying to hunt down those perfect presents just days before Christmas, consider these thoughtful, unique and creative last minute gift ideas for everyone on your list.
These top 10 items are best sellers for a reason – they make for unique, versatile gifts anyone can appreciate. Many of them can be easily paired with gift cards, edible gifts and beverages, and other giftable items.
Best Last Minute Christmas Gift Ideas For 2021
- Wooden Christmas gnomes
- Homemade or personalized ornaments
- Wine, beer, cocktail or whiskey glasses paired with a bottle of something
- Coffee, tea or hot cocoa mugs with coffee, tea or hot cocoa mix
- Cozy Christmas blanket or throw
- Scented Christmas candle
- Fun Christmas socks for the whole family
- Fun photo gifts you know they’ll love
- Christmas photo album or picture frame
- Santa sack filled with their favorite snacks, sweets & treats
If you don’t know what to get someone, start with a Christmas ornament personalized or homemade to make it special just for that person, couple or family. The Christmas tree ornament can serve as the main gift, a unique gift tag, wine bottle tag, and more – get creative! Glassware is another great gift option, especially if you pair it with a bottle of their favorite libation. For those who don’t indulge, consider a personalized mug paired with a bag of coffee, box of herbal teas or gourmet hot cocoa mix. Or go all out and grab a Santa sack to fill with all their favorites.
Gift Ideas For Mom, Grandma or Aunt
Moms, grandmothers, aunts, sisters and other special ladies in your life will enjoy a mix of practical and fun gifts to enjoy this Christmas.
- Fun wine glasses and a bottle of her favorite wine
- Embroidered apron or a new cookbook
- A new cutting board or cookbook stand
- Embroidered cosmetic case
- Monogrammed canvas tote or purse
- Custom photo necklace
- Personalized Christmas décor or ornaments
- Christmas movie watching blanket and a new Christmas movie
- A warm cuddle wrap or shawl
- A plush luxury bathrobe
The key to making your Christmas gifts for Mom, Grandma or a special Aunt more thoughtful and memorable is finding something you know she can use and appreciate. Adding personalization is just the cherry on top and will ensure your gift not only stands out, but won’t look at all like a last minute purchase.
For Moms who enjoy cooking or baking and love wine, these fun photo wine glasses and a custom embroidered apron with the saying “dinner is poured” will make a gift she’ll never forget. Grandmas who love decorating for the holidays will adore this Santa shelf sitter with the names of all her grandkids or the throw pillows that include all of her loved ones. Aunties might prefer a monogrammed weekender tote or a luxuriously soft and warm cuddle wrap to keep them warm during the cold winter months.
Gift Ideas For Dad, Grandpa or Uncle
- A pocket throw pillow to hold his remote, phone and more
- Money clip wallet
- USB portable charger or power bank
- Insulated stainless steel travel mug or thermos
- A custom sign for his garage, man cave or workshop
- A funny backscratcher
- Personalized whiskey glasses
- Engraved BBQ tool set
- Personalized tape measure
- #1 Dad or Grandpa custom socks
Finding a great last minute gift for Dad, Grandpa, Uncle or other important men in your life doesn’t have to be difficult. Think about their hobbies and interests or something they might need, like a new wallet or duffle bag.
If your Dad loves to grill out, a custom engraved grilling set paired with an assortment of spices, rubs or BBQ sauces will surely melt his heart. Grandpas who love to fish will get a kick out of a personalized fishing lure with a punny saying and Christmas wishes. Uncles who are always on the go will appreciate top quality Stanley insulated drinkware customized with a name, initial or monogram. And if all else fails, these manly pocket pillows that hold snacks, books, magazines and most importantly, the TV remote, are a sure winner!
Gift Ideas For Wife, Fiancée or Girlfriend
- Cashmere-feel plaid monogram scarf
- Engraved message bracelet
- Jewelry box or tray
- Embroidered leather makeup bag
- Personalized journal
- Portable wine chiller or picnic basket
- A fun set of wine glasses
- Monogrammed garment bag or weekender duffel bag
- Personalized yoga mat
- Photo puzzle with a romantic photo
Show your love at Christmas with these creative last minute gifts that will surprise and delight your wife, fiancée or girlfriend. The personalized touch will make them think you spent hours creating the perfect present, when in fact these gifts take just minutes to customize.
You can’t go wrong with a jewelry gift for your wife, and this bracelet engraved with a romantic message or the names of your children is just perfect for Christmas. She might also enjoy a modern easel calendar customized with your family photos – one for each month of the year. You can show your fiancée or girlfriend that she’s the boss with this trendy Boss Lady journal or surprise her with a weekend getaway and a monogrammed weekender bag she can take along on your next romantic adventure.
Gift Ideas For Husband, Fiancé or Boyfriend
- Custom photo socks
- Engraved pizza peel gift set
- Personalized beer glasses
- Wooden laptop and tablet lap desk
- Personalized watch box
- Travel tech organizer
- Authentic Ammo Can storage box
- Embroidered tool tote
- Portable charger power bank
- Leather valet tray or toiletry bag
Men can be notoriously difficult to shop for, whether you’re short on time or not. But these last minute Christmas gifts for husbands, fiancés and boyfriends are sure to please even the pickiest guys in your life.
If your man has a great sense of humor, he’ll instantly fall in love with these funny photo socks that feature your smiling face. For husbands whose second love is pizza and beer, this custom engraved pizza peel gift set and personalized beer can glasses will make the gift of the year. If your fiancé or boyfriend loves tech, he’ll definitely appreciate the personalized tech organizer or the engraved lapdesk to hold his tablet or laptop. And any handyman will be overjoyed to receive this top quality Carhartt tool bag to hold all of his home improvement essentials.
Gift Ideas For Kids, Toddlers & Babies
- Light up LED night lights
- Melissa & Doug doctor set, ice cream set, or another toy gift set
- Kids’ tool box or tool belt
- Kids’ art display sign with clips
- Personalized superhero capes
- Christmas themed plush stuffed animal
- Unicorn flip sequin throw pillow
- Coloring and activity books or an art set
- Wireless earbuds with charging case
- Stainless steel water bottle customized with their name
When it comes to the little ones, the most important part of Christmas is making the day magical and special. Personalizing their presents with their names will make them more memorable, creating cherished keepsakes they’ll want to hang on to for years.
Melissa and Doug toys are always a winner when it comes to gifts for toddlers and kids. These well-made toys inspire imagination and creativity in children, and they’re so darn cute! Adding your child’s name will make the gift that much more special. If your kids love playing pretend they’ll enjoy Melissa & Doug’s ice cream shop, doctor kit or vet kit toy, or personalized superhero capes. For the budding artists, consider the kids art display sign that comes with handy clips to hang their masterpieces. For babies and toddlers, a stuffed animal, like this adorable long-legged sloth, will make a sweet gift and a lovely photo prop for Christmas family portraits. Bigger kids will enjoy their very own personalized coloring books or flip sequin gifts that are so popular these days.
Gift Ideas for Coworkers, Bosses & Employees
- Calendar mousepad
- Custom nameplate
- Funny paperweights
- Personalized portfolio or writing journal
- Business card case or desktop holder
- Desk calendar for the new year
- Wireless charging pad
- Personalized tech organizer for cords, adapters & more
- Engraved wood phone stand or pen set
- Funny wine glasses
When it comes to work friends, bosses and colleagues, customizing something they can use around the office is a great last minute Christmas gift idea they will surely appreciate. Find something practical, like a wireless charging pad, a monogrammed tech organizer, a new portfolio, journal or notebook and of course, a calendar for the new year.
Or you can go with something you know they’ll enjoy, like funny wine glasses or coffee mugs. By adding custom details, like their name, initials, or even a message or an inside joke you share, you make your gift more personal.
Gift Ideas for Teachers, Coaches & Tutors
- Gift cards
- Teacher candy jar
- Engraved coach whistle
- Teacher photo clip block holder or shelf block
- Custom teacher stamp
- Paper note cube or notepad set
- Weekly planner
- Hand sanitizer or hand sanitizer holder keychain
- Teacher or coach themed clipboard
- Personalized teacher tumblers or mugs
In my opinion, the best last minute gifts for teachers, coaches, tutors and other educators are gift cards. You can ask which stores your recipients like most, but I bet it’s either their local teacher supply store or their local Target. Of course, you can also go with gift cards to restaurants or coffee shops you know they enjoy, bookstores or Amazon.
To make your gift more personal and special for your favorite teachers and coaches, consider adding a small homemade or personalized item. Some of our favorite last minute gift choices are ones that take just minutes to customize. Simply add their name, sport or subject, school name and other customizations. This year our brand new hand sanitizer holder keychains are the perfect budget option, and they’re practical, too.
Gift Ideas for Family or Neighbors
- Christmas cookie jar
- Family popcorn bowl set
- Homemade treat basket with a personalized kitchen towel
- A Christmas doormat
- Christmas snow globe
- Personalized family shelf decor
- Board games and holiday movies
- Personalized family picture frame or family ornament
- A fun holiday family blanket or throw pillow
- Personalized holiday garden flag or house flag
When it comes to finding the right last minute Christmas gift for another family, your neighbors, friends or relatives, look for something they can enjoy together as a family. Our favorites for this year are board games and holiday movies, a family sized cookie jar, a family popcorn bowl, and other items they can all enjoy together. Another great family gift idea is to personalize something that includes all family members’ names.
Cheap Last Minute Christmas Gifts Under $25
- A Christmas mug filled with treats
- Custom photo keychain
- Cell phone wallet & card holder
- Holiday themed can & bottle wraps or wine bottle opener tool
- Photo coasters, photo playing cards and other photo gifts
- Luggage tags and other travel accessories
- Decorative shelf & mantle blocks
- Custom Christmas Socks
- Phone ring holder, charger or other phone accessory
- A bottle of wine with a personalized wine bottle label
- Mini Christmas treat bucket filled with homemade goodies
Now, there’s a reason why photo gifts represent nearly half of our picks for the best cheap last minute Christmas gifts. They’re quick and easy to make, all you need is a photo, and they’re super affordable. These gifts also also show that you spent the time creating something truly custom and one-of-a-kind. Find more last minute Christmas gifts for any recipient and any budget!
Share Your Last Minute Christmas Gift Ideas
What are your favorite last minute Christmas gift ideas you have given or received? Share your finds in the comments below.