15 Feb Be Fit, Be Fun: 10 Tips For Getting Fit & Healthy This Year
Posted at 16:45h in New Products 0 Comments
Thinking about getting your exercise routine back on track? Here’s how you can get fit and healthy just in time for the warm summer months.
Even though snow is still on the ground, there is an end in sight. Spring will be here soon, and after that, summer: the season of shorts and swimsuits. Better hit that gym sooner than later! Here are a few pointers to keep in mind.
- Exercise is not enough. You must also include healthy eating habits.
- Make a list of all the benefits regular exercise provides you. Everything from feeling healthier, sleeping better, preventing depression, feeling stronger, etc. Keep this list somewhere that you will easily see it everyday so that it can serve as a reminder why you need to workout.
- Eat breakfast every day. People who eat breakfast consume fewer total calories during the day then those that don’t.
- Don’t waste your calories on drinks. Drink low-calorie or no calorie drinks instead, preferably just water.
- Try to take at least 20 minutes to complete a meal. This is how long it takes for your brain to recognize that your stomach is full.
- Use a lot of spices and seasonings when cooking low-fat/low-calorie meals. They can make your meal taste so much better and therefore make you feel more satisfied.
- Decrease your caffeine intake. Too much caffeine can decrease the burning of stored fat.
- Consume at least 64 ounces of water per day, plus an additional 16 ounces for every hour of moderate-intensity exercise.
- Each day fill a container(s) with your daily water supply so you’ll always know how much you’ve drank and ensure you drink the required daily amount.
- Start slow and don’t overdo it. Doing too much, too soon can be overwhelming for you physically and mentally. Start with just 10 – 15 minutes a day, then as you get into the habit increase the time and intensity of your workouts over time.
Last, but not least, make your workout fun! Find a workout buddy to go with you. Buy some new exercise clothes and gear to make you excited to get to the gym. And do exercises that you actually enjoy!